Gender Equality: The ABP Commitment
Diversity is of paramount importance to ABP. We fundamentally believe that organisations are much stronger when different voices are listened to in business. Encouraging diversity and equal opportunity across all levels is not just morally the right thing to do, it is better for business.
As part of a wider policy and strategy to become a more diverse employer, we are committed to improving the gender balance not just within our organisation, but throughout the maritime industry we are proud to play a vital role in.
As well as a series of initiatives that we have chosen to implement ourselves, we will work with our supply chain, advisers, government and local authority partners to achieve a more balanced workforce.
Our strategy to promote gender equality is based upon three guiding principles:
· Work with schools and colleges to ensure that women realise the opportunities in maritime from an early age and aspire to have a successful career within our industry
· Make sure there are multiple female candidates on job shortlists wherever possible
· Employ skills-based and structured interview processes aimed at removing gender bias
· Make sure that within our industry, women find the same respect for their ideas and abilities, from quayside to boardroom table
· Provide an inclusive culture, in and around the workplace
· Advance more women into senior roles by creating development programmes to promote gender equality
· Make sure women feel fulfilled in their careers and achieve their aspirations
· Make sure that women are fairly represented in all levels of senior management throughout our business
· Narrow the gender pay gap to zero
We are committed to reporting our progress on an annual basis.
Check out our video to find out more about careers for women in maritime: ABP: Women in Maritime